Middleton is a peaceful Suffolk village, within easy driving distance of Southwold, Walberswick, Westleton, Dunwich, Aldeburgh and Snape.
Central to village life is the Bell Inn, a beautiful thatched Adnams pub, just 5 minutes walk from Little Glebe
Other local attractions include:
- Dunwich Heath, a remnant of the once extensive Sandlings heaths with open tracts of heather and gorse, shady woods, sandy cliffs and beach (www.nationaltrust.org.uk).
- RSPB nature reserves at Minsmere, Aldeburgh and Orford, providing the chance to see avocet, bitterns and marsh harriers, in addition to numerous butterflies and wildflowers (www.rspb.org.uk).
- Snape Maltings, a unique collection of granaries and malthouses nestling beside the River Alde (www.snapemaltings.co.uk).
- Covehithe Broad, Benacre Broad and Easton Broad, all lagoons that rely on a mix of salty tidal water and fresh water
- Great beaches at Walberswick, Southwold and a little further up the coast at Covehithe (An undiscovered secret in Suffolk)
- Great cycling right from the house with loads of quiet lanes, sandy heaths and wooded areas to explore